This is not a call to revolution and it’s not much of a hope to be honest:
My hope is that Labour lose a shit load of members over the next few months, enough to make them ask why they’ve been deserted. They get told,
‘It’s because you abandoned the workers you numpties!’
Labour then start listening to the people who are being hardest hit by the Tories, start listening to the trade unions and start listening to folk like Richard Murphy before coming back in a year or so with policies for fair taxation, public services kept public, economic growth and a welfare state that actually supports, rather than demonises, those who need it.
Then their support builds, people rejoin, activists become active again and Labour win the next election by just enough seats to form a majority, preferably in a house without a single Lib Dem MP and plenty of Greens and independents.
That’s what I think I’d like to happen.
- Lewisham posse gathering at the station a short while ago. #NHSLondon http://t.co/itJIkfAhgU 1 hour ago
- Lewisham Green Party | Support for PCS members taking industrial action lewisham.greenparty.org.uk/news/2013-05-1… #pcs 12 hours ago
- RT @pcs_euston: We've added our Twitter feed and YouTube channel to our Facebook page. It's a one stop shop sort of deal. https://t.co/xr… 5 days ago
- It appears I can't stick different accounts' columns into one tab and I can't retweet to Facebook. #Hootsuite fail! The search continues.... 6 days ago
- RT @CarolineLucas: Have laid questions in parliament calling on Gove to stop his Bhasvic school playing field land-grab for free school #sa… 6 days ago